This is a series of 5 restorative yoga classes to help you unwind and reset from your week. Held on Saturday afternoons, these classes will explain the practice of restorative yoga, and give you a direct experience of its many benefits: reduced stress and anxiety, better sleep, more vitality, and a deeper sense of well-being. Each class will focus on one essential ingredient of restorative yoga, explaining both how and why the practice works.
- the key concepts and techniques of restorative yoga
- ways to make restorative yoga your own—pose modifications and advice on self-practice
- why restorative yoga works (the science behind the practice)
- somatic protocols to elicit your body’s natural relaxation response
- how to balance and re-regulate your nervous system from stress and overstimulation
The last class of the course on May 4 will be a special Restorative SoundBath, with Tibetan singing bowls played by Jasz.