In a guided class, the teacher leads the class through part of the primary series. This is a dynamic and physically demanding form of focused movement. Over time, you will build a familiarity with the sequence and poses, enabling you practice the half-primary or full Primary Series on your own. We recommend some yoga experience, but we welcome those students who are new to Ashtanga to join us on the mat!
Mindful Flow (Najiah)
Flow with Wheel
1. Open your hips and chest;
2. Build your core strength;
3. Challenge your stability and balance;
4. Help you in your backbends and gets you deeper into your poses.
*The wheel is a challenging prop and is not recommended for absolute beginners.
Yoga Strong (Angela)
Calming classes are suitable for everyone, especially:
- Beginners looking for a gentle introduction to yoga
- Regular yoga practitioners seeking a balanced practice
- Sports people looking to complement their active lifestyles with restful recovery and recuperation
- Individuals leading fast-paced lives who wish to practice slowing down and being in the moment
Yin by Candlelight (Desiree)
This is a soothing and nourishing practice illuminated by soft candlelight. A quiet, introspective, and often profound practice, Yin Yoga is more of a ‘work-in’ than a ‘work-out’. Each posture is held for longer than usual, allowing our connective tissues (and our minds) to soak in the full benefit of the practice. This peaceful practice is for everyone – all you have to do is show up, slow down and surrender.
Get all those knots and tightness out of the body with our dedicated one hour stretch class. We will warm up with some exercises and then get into those areas of your body that are tight from working, exercise or just neglect! Props, support and gentle guiding hands will coax you into stretch poses to leave you feeling relaxed and lengthened!
Rest + Restore
Yoga with Sound (Jasz)
Also known as the “Yoga of Awareness”, we practise a sequence of specific movements, postures and breathwork called Kriyas. We will chant at the beginning and at the end of class, or you may just remain silent and feel the vibrations created by the sound and music surrounding you. This class is suitable for everyone, including beginners. Just come with an open mind and enjoy the experience.